Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Not to be panegyric about Muhammad is bad, according to Muslims. To ask critical questions about him is heresy and carries a death penalty. And to draw conclusions about him Muslims do not like - it counts nothing that the conclutions may be 100% true - makes it a duty for all and every Muslim to murder him. Or her. Muhammad had also women murdered when they opposed him, and he is the great idol – everything he did is right and ethically and morally correct. One can ask questions about Allah and one can disbelieve Allah, but not about the semi-saint Muhammad - he has to be an unquestioned saint even though he cannot be called a saint formally, because the Quran prohibits it. Why has he got to be without doubt the perfect and infallible saint? Simply because the historical Muhammad was a doubtful person with a doubtful morality, not the glorious picture Muslims paint - and all the same all Islam rests only, and absolutely and utterly only, on such a man’s words.
Are you angry because of my words? But can you be angry because of things Islam itself tells? My words here are correct quotes and logical conclusions from reading the Quran, some strengthened Hadits and Islam’s own history about Muhammad - f. ex. Muhammad Ibn Ishaq “The Life of Muhammad”. Can you be angry because I believe what Islam itself tells? Did you yourself really read the Quran and the Hadits and Ibn Ishaq - read it with your brain and with all your knowledge about history, geography, archaeology, astronomy, psychology, etc., not only with your eyes and/or your imprinted old ideas – so that you saw the mistakes before you sentenced me to death?
There is no doubt that Muhammad raped at least two women. There is no doubt that he liked many wives – mainly young wives - and may be some other women (there are f. ex. half a dozen known "connections" where one does not know if there was a marriage or just lustful sex. There is no doubt that Muhammad took slaves and also accepted and took part in slave trade (was it some 2ooo women and children that were taken as slaves only in Khaybar and sold or used as gifts or “gifts” from the last Jewish tribe in/outside Yathrib/Medina - in Khaybar?). There is no doubt that he for the 10 last years lived from stealing/robbing, extorting and murdering (the years in Medina). There is no doubt that he used torture. There is no doubt that he betrayed people - he even himself said that war was betrayal (and that what is not Muslim area, is war area). There is no doubt he was a murderer (he had many opponents murdered). There is no doubt he was a mass murderer (f. ex. the some 700 men in Khaybar). There is no doubt that Islam was very much changed (it is easy for anyone to see if they read the surahs chronologically) around/after 622 AD (what was wrong with his milder teachings in Mecca?). There is no doubt that Islam as thought in the Quran switched from a relatively benign one in the Mecca period, to an Islam that in Medina became a religion of hate, stealing/robbing, rape, suppression, and war. All this I have learnt from esteemed Muslim books - as I said: From among others Ibn Ishaq, Hadith and the Quran.
Can you be angry with me because I quote such thoroughly Islamic books?
Can you be angry with me because I point to that ALL Islam is built only on this man’s word?
Can you be angry with me because I mention this man’s merits as told in Islamic books?
Can you be angry with me because I mention these plain ISLAMIC truths?
Do you really want to murder me because I tell what the Quran and Hadith and Islamic history books really tell?
Do you claim that I am making up things, when it is so easy to check if I quote and tell the truth?
The thing is that freedom - also the freedom to tell what is true, not only what a terrorist or a dictator likes that you tell - has to be defended. And a sure way to loose that freedom, and all other freedom, is to give in to terror, be it from states or murderers. One can be careful because of danger. But one has to be able to face one’s own mirror in the mornings.
There were two reasons for our decision to start this work:
It also will be a world of scarcity and hunger, because a system where the most pious, not the best qualified, have the final word on many levels, will not be able to feed so big a population - Muslims make many children. This even more so as such closed systems are very open to corruption and consequently to more inefficiency.
Another reason for scarcity, will be that in Muslim countries, one cannot teach people critical thinking – they may start thinking about and asking questions about some of the mistakes and the nonsense logic many places in the Quran. And without chritical thinking little progress.
Well, may be I am too pessimistic - in 1941 it looked like the Nazis were winning. But true information and a stronger will among the democracies to fight when they really had to, than the brainwashed Nazi religion - because it became a religion to many - believed, turned the tide. (Islamic ideology has many similarities to Nazism).
2. All the mistaken facts in the Quran prove that something is wrong - it cannot be made by an omniscient god. And all the invalid “signs”, statements, contradictions, and not to mention “proofs”, etc. are even worse, because to make mistakes can happen (though not to an omniscient god), but active use of invalid statements and invalid proofs, are not honest mistakes - that is the hallmark of cheats, deceivers and swindlers - - - and knowing the real character and moral of Muhammad according to ISLAMIC history (not the later religious gloss some Muslims have painted him with), that is sinister. Especially as there have been so many self-proclaimed “prophets” quite similar to Muhammad through history, though not as successful as him, that one recognize the picture. It also tells something that Muhammad “borrowed” the title “prophet” – he never was a prophet. May be he was a messenger or an apostle to something or someone, but not a real prophet - he neither had, nor claimed to have, not pretended to have the gift of being able to make prophesies.
If Islam is a made up religion, and if there somewhere exists a real religion (which we honestly have come to doubt during our studies of the Quran), Islam blocks the road to that religion for all Muslims. It will in case be a rude awakening for them if there is a Last Day when they expect to enter the honestly primitive Paradise described in the Quran, and find - - what?
My only request before you murder me - or anybody else - is that you first read all the Quran, and read the some 22-24 surahs from Medina separately or preferably all the surahs in the Quran chronologically, and thus control if my information about mistakes and contradictions and logically unfounded statements and “signs” and claims (remember that I said logically unfounded, because it is the foundation under them all that is lacking - Allah is a great god if he made the sun - - - but there nowhere really is proved that he made it). But during your reading you shall use your knowledge - not just what someone or the imams tell you, but real, checked knowledge - and your brain, not just your eyes or ears.
It is not possible for an intelligent, educated person used to asking questions, not to see the mistakes and the logical wrongs in the Quran. (Why do you think the Quran and some educated Muslim so strongly stress that you should believe blindly and without questions and without asking for proofs or real indications? - but you have to be very naïve to accept blind belief impressed on you by leaders who like their leading positions, or by your parents who only has been told so by others who base their words just on claims, in such serious questions as religion and eternity – especially in a religion based only on the words (words that frequently collides with and are killed by harder demands and deeds – and deeds and demands are more reliable than words) of a man with as doubtful ethic and moral and a strong lust for power like Muhammad.
A disturbing fact: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there are no ptoof for Allah and impossible to ptove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to Allah. If there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam? And in this case: What are you murdering for?
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from www.1000mistakes.com .
3. www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for www.1000mistakes. com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?