(Comments from Hadiths will be added in 2010 AD).
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Jihad - «holy war» - is one of the most central duties in Islam - sometimes to be the second duty after prayers to Allah, originally the Pagan main god al-Lah in the old Arab polytheistic religion, whom Muhammad made to the only god in his new religion. Jihad is a concept that is special for Islam today, though war religions have existed many places - the Vikings, Djingis Khan to mention just two names. Like Al-Taqiyya (the lawful lie) and Kitman (the lawful half-truth) you do not find it in any of the other world religions (but then Islam is the only one today which is a clear war religion).
In official Muslim theory and propaganda, Jihad only is permitted in self defense, and – partly because of this – Islam claims to be «The Religion of Peace».
What Muslims «forget» to mention – a case of Al-Taqiyya? - is that Jihad is said to be permitted in defense «in the widest meaning of the word» in any conflict. A hidden reason for this definition is that hardly any of Muhammad's raids and wars were in self defense in any normal use of this word – even the battles of Badr, Uhud and Medina («the Trench») were defense battles in a war of aggression started and kept alive by Muhammad's raids on Mecca's caravans etc.
The result is that there hardly has been any armed conflict throughout history between Muslims and non-Muslims where the word «Jihad» has not been used. Yes, even when Muslims fight Muslims, the warring fractions frequently claim they are fighting a Jihad.
With such a definition the word «defense» in reality has no meaning, but it sounds good in propaganda and debates.
Another «good» thing with declaring Jihad, is that then you are permitted to steal and rob as much as you want and can, not to mention to take slaves (though slavery now is forbidden – the last Muslim country to forbid it was Mauritania in unbelievable 1982, and even more unbelievable: It was not made a punishable crime until 25 years later in 2007!!) and to rape any female prisoner of war – woman or girl – which MAY be one reason why rape is so widespread among Muslim warriors even today ( f. ex. East Pakistan – now Bangladesh – and Eritrea). Muhammad accepted such raping and practiced it himself (Raihana bint Amr and Safiyya bint Huayay at least), and then it is morally OK to rape your prisoners (!).
And «best» of all: If you are killed in something declared a Jihad, you go directly not only to Paradise, but to one of the better parts of Paradise (there are at least 4 different parts/grades of Paradise + the higher heavens).
In the old times all the 4 judicial «schools» in Islam accepted that the fact that the opposite part was non-Muslim, was reason good enough to declare Jihad. Theoretically any slave hunter in black Africa or around the Black Sea or South Europe or India or wherever (Islam has through the times had far more slaves than USA and the rest of America put together) could claim he was fighting Jihad, as his victims - «opposite parts» - were non-Muslims. Most of the raids Muslims were involved in were for economical gain, and most of the wars – at least before Europe became too strong for them – were wars of aggression.
Not until around 1920 – 1930 did some Muslim scholars start to question this point of view.
In modern times Jihad is the basis for terrorism. And the wide definition makes anything possible. Muslim clergy and others claim Islam is under attack from the West – fight them!And as it is claimed to be a war of defense any means is permitted, included terrorism.
And everybody in the West is guilty, because they pay tax to governments opposing Islam – and the fact that many do not pay tax (f. ex. children, students, sick ones, unemployed ones, old ones, etc.), and the fact that most of the rest do not have the option of not paying tax is of no interest or consequence. Kill them!
«The Religion of Peace.»
Also war seldom exists in a limbo. War after all carries a risk. Therefore to go to war needs a motif. It also needs a special mentality or (un)culture.
A leader wanting war for f. ex. to gain power and/or riches needs to motivate his followers and to create the mentality necessary for making them accept or want war.
This has been done time and again and again and again through history - though few leaders have had such a success in making his followers warlike like Muhammad.
As for motivation the easy way for a leader to motivate his warriors, is promise of wealth and perhaps power - and in older times also takind slaves and raping women and girls (as for raping, that seems to be a motive for Muslim "warriors" also today - just look at f. ex. Bangladesh when they pulled free from Pakistan, and now in Eritrea). If one in addition can use political ideals or religion, one can get highly - to say the least of it - motivated soldiers, warriors, killers. Muhammad used all this, and especially permissions to steal, rape, take slaves + religion.
As for creating the mentality and culture for war and inhumanities,Muhammad had an easy start, as robbery, etc. was nearly a standard kind of business in Arabia at that time. But of course it is even easier to make your followers accept or want war, if you and they are of a supreme quality, whereas "the others" are inferior beings - and even more so if they are something detestable or wanting bad things for you and/or your religion. Muhammad played on this as cleverly as a Herbert von Karajan in front of an orchestra.
As creating motivation and a culture for war is so essential for a warlike leader, we start with this side of the history, and return to the raids and wars after this. This to explain how jihad was - and is - possible to such an extent in a war religion.
This book mostly is taken from the book "1000+ Mistakes in the Quran" - www.1000mistakes.com .
(If you count, you will see here are not quite 1000 points yet. There are 800 – 900 numbered ones + the ones not numbered. The reason simply is that this book is not finished yet. We especially mention that the points from Hadith have not been included yet - there are many points. They will be added in 20010/11 AD.)
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters in "1000+ Mistakes in the Quran" - http://www.1000mistakes.com - about "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1-0) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2-0).
2. www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from www.1000mistakes.com .
3. www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As www.1000mistakes.com - included this part about jihad/"holy war" - is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for that www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking it was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will re-open with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths; better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question.
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?