PART XII, CHAPTER 2 (= XII-2-0-0)
SHORT ON DIFFERENT TOPICS CONCERNING THE QURAN, MUHAMMAD, MUSLIMS, ISLAM, AND ALLAH
SOME RÉSUMÉS AND THOUGHTS.
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Contents of this chapter:
- The person Muhammad.
- The Quran.
- Empathy, Moral, and Ethics in Islam.
- What kind of religion is Islam? (- not the "Religion of Peace".)
- PS about Ramses II.
I. THE PERSON MUHAMMAD.
- Born at an unspecified time around 570 AD. Most sources say 570 AD, some - mostly Islamic sources - say 569 AD, and a few 571 AD. We may add that some scientists believe Muhammad never existed, but is a fiction made up later by Arabs needing a personification of new religious ideas - like King Arthur was made up king or a minor king that later was much enlarged - but most likely he was a real person.
- He became a salesman. Arab salesmen have no good reputation for honesty, but Islam insists he was very honest. Impossible to say yes or no - no neutral information exists, and Islamic sources have much to gain by telling he was very honest.
- As a young man of 25 he married a 15 years older rich widow. Normally such marriages takes place for special reasons, but no neutral sources exists. Muslim sources insist it was a very happy marriage - but then again: Muslim sources have very much to gain by saying that.
- In the lunar month of Ramadan 610 AD he started to tell he got messages from Allah (named al Lah at that time), and later started his teachings. The god al-Lah st that time was the leading pagan god in Arabia.
- The rest of his life he told about such messages - some verses at a time, and not infrequently they happened to solve problems for him - even personal ones - and always to his gain. A disturbing question is why an omniscient god did not send the messages before things happened, so Muhammad could evade the problems or know what was the right thing to do when things happened. Was he just lucky to do right each time, or were the verses made to measure afterwards? - (real scientists tend to believe the last).
- Another disturbing question is that self-proclaimed prophets frequently are favoured and helped by their god - we have seen it in many cases and many sects. Allah really took a personal interest in Muhammad - but always tidying up things afterwards, not helping him not to run into f. ex. problems with women. In sects it also is not uncommon that the self-proclaimed prophet has many women.
- The messages arrived in meetings with the archangel Gabriel, in dreams or like sounds he understood. There never were any witnesses to a single word, but he was seen to have fits sometimes - modern doctors connect them to a certain illness (TLE).
- For 12 years his teaching was about a relatively benevolent and peaceful god - al-Lah/Allah, the main Arab god at that time. But he told all the other gods were fakes, and that Allah was identical to the Jewish and Christian Yahweh. His teaching met with little to moderate success - mainly among the poor and uneducated ones.
- He was not liked among the rulers in Mecca, and in 622 AD he had to flee to Yathrib, later renamed Medina. In Yathrib he had to find a way of living for himself and his flock. Of all things he settled on robbery - robbing caravans, mainly to and from Mecca, and later also hamlets and villages.
- He lived as the leader of highwaymen for some years - he even led a number of the “expeditions” himself. This robbery was the reason for the war with Mecca later.
- Something happened to his religion around 622 AD and the flight to Yathrib. It changed from rather human, good and benevolent, to a religion of war and hate. Still benevolent after a fashion inside the group of Muslims, but hate, blood, rape, robbery and suppression for everybody outside the group. If one reads the some 86 surahs from Mecca first, and then the some 22 from Medina (there are some surahs one do not know the age of), the difference is easy to see and striking. It became a religion for primitive and greedy warriors - and still is (+ for fanatics). In this form the religion started to expand - often not because of belief, but because of permission to steal and rob and rape and take slaves. And not to forget: Becaus of "become Muslim or die" - most of the rest of Arabia became Muslims by force and compulsion in addition to from greed for spoils of war.
- Also Muhammad seemed to change - to something inhuman, hard and bloody (when we say “seemed” it is because these sides of him at least had not showed before - but his turning to robbery, killing and extortion of caravans and drivers may point to something that was hidden before). Real scientists speculate that power and lust for more power destroyed his moral - power often has destroyed a man.
- One effect was that he started having opponents murdered. Among these were:
- Al-Nader - a personal enemy from Mecca.
- Ocba. Both this murders were ok-ed by Allah in surah 8/67 - - - afterwards. Both were just after the battle of Badr.
- Asma bint Marwan - a female poet who had gone against him. Murdered in her bed when giving suck to her baby.
- Abu Afak - a non-Muslim Arab poet, more than 100 years old, who had gone against him. Abu Afak was murdered sleeping.
- Kab ibn al-Ashraf - one more poet that had gone against Muhammad - murdered and beheaded by Muslims pretending to be his friends.
- Ibn Sunaya - Jewish businessman murdered after Muhammad had told his followers to murder what Jews they could.
- Abu Uzi - a prisoner from the battle of Badr.
- Othman bin Moghira.
- Abi l’Huqayaq - Jewish chief, murdered in his bed.
- Kinana b. al-Rabi (the husband of his rape victim Safijja - also written Safiyya). Tortured to death.
These are the separate murders where we have found the names of the victims - there were a number more (at least 26 according to some sources).
- Then there were the mass murders. The three most well known are:
- The betrayal and butchering of Usayr b. Zarim and his 28 men as mentioned before (+ 1 who escaped). As Muhammad said: “War is betrayal”.
- The razing in March 627 AD of the ones from Banu Nadir that had fled from Medina to Khaybar in 625 AD - no one knows how many were killed, but many.
- The mass murder of all the some 700 men of the Jewish tribe in Khaybar in August 628 AD - also mentioned before.
- Muhammad the rapist.
He at least raped two women where the name exists (+ other female slaves?).
- Raihana bint Amr - taken captive from the Quraysh and raped after he had murdered all her male family.
- Safijja - 17 years old and just made widow by Muhammad’s murdering her husband Kinana b. al-Rabi - not only murdered, but tortured to death. This in spite of that Muhammad knew a woman could feel much sorrow after loosing a husband - f. ex. he according to the Hadith (f. ex. Al-Bukhari 1280, 1281, and 1282) permitted a widow to mourn her husband 4 months and 10 days, compared to that one could mourn a brother or father only 3 days (for a highwayman and a warlord mourning women are bad for morality).
- More rapes by Muhammad are not specified in Islamic history, but the very casual way his men reacted to these rapes, and also the fact that raping female victims/prisoners was standard - and "lawful and good" - for Islam's warriors, make some guessing permitted.
- We already have mentioned the betrayal of Usayr b. Zarim.
- Zaynab - she was the wife of his adopted son Zaid. Muhammad wanted her, but the Arabs reckoned an adopted son to be a son, and according to the laws he could not marry the wife of his son. But Allah really helped him - Muhammad told he got a surah (33/2-8) declaring that an adopted was not a real son, and that adoptions was not according to Allah’s wishes (Muslims can not formally adopt even today because of this story). Zaynab divorced Zaid - and Muhammad got another wife.
Islam sings nice tales about how interested Zaynab was in Muhammad. But no matter - he betrayed Zaid.
- The Satanic Verses. Betrayed his own religion to gain more acceptances from the rulers and people of Mecca (he accepted that Allah had 3 daughters - the 3 goddesses al-Lat, al-Uzi and Manta). But he later retracted his words - and betrayed the rulers of Mecca. (Muslims have “good” explanations for this story, but scientists do not really accept their version).
- The peace of Hudaibiya - he broke it.
- And do not forget his slogan: "War is betrayal".
- Then there is his institutinalizing of al-Taqiyya (the lawful lie), Kitman (the lawful half-truth), and his view on oaths - they could be broken if that gave a better result, though sometimes you have to give Allah a gift to be forgiven.
- If you look, we think you will find more. But the main point is that betrayal and deceit was part of Muhammad’s policy: “War is betrayal” or "war is deceit" to quote him once more. Did he betray in his religion? - or his followers (he did if Islam is a made up religion).
- Torture was not infrequently used by Muhammad.
- He had 11 wives for long time, 2 concubines, 16 short time wives, and 7 we do not know whether were married to him or not. These 36 are the ones Islam knows by name.
- . Muhammad took literally thousands of slaves. Muslims say that was normal for that time - but Muhammad pretended to represent a benevolent god. Muslims also say slaves were taken only in wars of defence, called jihad or holy war (not true) - but even in wars of defence Muhammad pretended to represent a benevolent god. Besides: Everything was named Jihad, so this claim is just hipocracy.
- Warlord. At the end of his life Muhammad became really a warlord - and a clever one. But also a ruthless, inhuman and murderous one. Muslims - and some others - say it was a hard time and that he was no worse than other warlords of that time. Perhaps - but he definitely also was no better, in spite of the fact that he told the world that he represented a good and benevolent god.
- There is no escaping from the facts that Muhammad’s word was not reliable, that he was a womaniser, that he was a thief and robber and murderer from his highwayman period and later, that he was a rapist, that he practised extortion, that he made good money from being a boss for highwaymen and later as a warlord, that he was an enslaver and slave dealer, that he liked power and women, preferably young women, included at least one child - and money for bribes. This is very clear from Muslim sources - no Muslim can protest for it, even though he very much will like to explain it away.
If you were a judge in court and had this man as a witness in front of you - how far would you trust his witness in f. ex. a case of murder?
Muslims build all their religion on only this man’s word - and a religion is much more serious than a murder case.
II. THE QURAN:
- As literature it is not good in spite of all the verbal flowers from Muslims. F. ex. far too much repetition, the stories far too similar, the stories have far too obvious endings. Also the style is far from perfect - and pretty boring.
- More or less all the contents are “borrowed” from other sources - a copycat to be polite.
- Full of not documented statements - some of them even directly wrong.
- Full of not documented “signs” (synonymous with “proof“ or at least "indication" in Quran-speak) - some of them even directly wrong.
- Not one of the so-called “proofs” is valid as a proof.
- The book is full of mistaken facts.
- Contains a lot of fast-talk and boasting.
- Full of hallmarks typical for swindlers, cheats and deceivers.
This book full of bad hallmarks, dictated by a man most honest judges would be reluctant to believe very much, is the one and only real - or not real - basis for all Islam.
No wonder their leaders need protection for Muhammad, by means of an international law permitting only panegyric words about him in praxis.
The religion is expanding fast. It may be the dominant religion in some centuries - much earlier if they get the means to do it by military or terrorist ways.
It pretends to be a peaceful religion - and in a way it is towards its own. But it “forgets” to mention that the peaceful verses from Mecca are abrogated - nullified - by the bloody and harsh ones from Medina.
They “forget” to mention that in and after 622 AD Muhammad changed his religion from rather benevolent, to a religion of suppression, robbing, hate, rape and murder - a war religion. Muslims complain about the bad West, but after we started to read about Muslim history, we have felt positively sick at some times. One thing is war - even ruthless war and even wars of conquest. Another thing is murder and slaughter and massacres by the millions and millions - and slavery and rape “en masse” and sadism. Djingis Khan was bad. Pol Pot was bad. Mao was bad. Stalin was bad. Hitler was bad. But they were just second rate compared with the slaughtering and sadism, destruction and stealing, rape and suppression and enslavement from some Muslims in the praise of Allah - second rate also because Muslims have done their “work” for so much longer time.
And “No compulsion in religion”? - it is not even a joke - it is irony.
Muslims are not different from us because they are a different kind of humans. But very many are different because they have grown up in a very different culture. A culture where they have been imprinted some age-old ideas they firmly believe is the solemn truth whether it is true or sick inhuman tales. There is no escape from this fact, as there is only one world to share.
But we should try to show them how inhuman and how - yes - sick some of their ideas are. Because it just are some of their ideas that are sick - like the religion‘s view on enslavement, suppression and murder of non-Muslim opponents - not their value as humans. And we should never forget that when sick idealists promise to kill you and conquer you, you had better believe it - just ask the victims of Hitler - - - who foretold just what he wanted to do, but most people did not believe him until it was too late. What happened during these last years shows that Islam still is a religion of hate and suppression and war.
And all the same: Remember that 70% of all Muslims want nothing to do with war and tumults. And that most of the rest at least do not want to take active parts in such things.
V. EMPATHY, MORAL, AND ETHICS IN ISLAM.
- Empathy - the ability to feel what others feel and how life or a situation is for them - is totally absent in the Quran and in Islam. The only person, who counts, is the strong main person: You - preferably a warrior. And of course Muhammad and his successors. It is your - the strong warrior’s - interests and wishes that counts. You shall be good to children, women, old people, etc., but because it is a good deed, not because of empathy. And there never is a trace of empathy with slaves, non-Muslims, houries, or the young men forced to be servants in Heaven forever, not to mention captives or conquered nations/people.
- Moral. Islam and Muslims often uses this word. But there hardly is any moral codex in Islam, and there definitely have never been any philosophy studying moral problems. There are some orders and hints in the Quran and in the Hadiths about what to do and what not to do, and that is it. No codex like “behave towards others like you want others to behave towards you”, etc. Moral problems hardly exist - obey the Quran and the Prophet, and that solves everything - included permission to rob and rape and suppress and hate and kill.
- There are just as much thinking about and just as free from ethical codexs, as it is about moral in the Quran and in the Hadiths. More or less nothing.
VI. WHAT KIND OF IS ISLAM? (- definitely not any "Religion of Peace" according to the Quran
This only needs a very short ansver: In spite of Islam's and Muslims' strong claims - which must be set forth in spite of better knowledge form most Muslims and all learned ones, as they well know that the peaceful verses are abrogated and made invalid - Islam is a war religion, and a typical war religion. War is the most central and heavy theme - perhaps after Allah and Muhammad. War is the highest service to the god and to "his Messenger". War is religious romance. War is glorified. War is the most valuable good deed and the most sure ticket to Paradise - and to the best parts of Paradise. War is a clear and religious duty. Wars against non-Muslims according to all the 4 "law achools" always were Jihads - "Holy Wars" - no matter what kind of war it was (officially Jihad only can be decleared in self defence - but then absolutely everything is self defence "in the widest meaning of the word" for Islam). If you read modern official Muslim literature meant for Muslims today, you find just the same point of official religious view: Fight against non-Muslims is a holy duty and a back-bone of Islam.
During the last decades of Muhammad's life it also was a one-man religion - Muhammad was the one and only center and leader and boss. That Muhammad liked power, is indirectly, but very clearly seen in the Quran. (And also in Hadiths.)
VII. PS ABOUT RAMSES II:
Wikipedia tells that he was born ca. 1303 BC, became pharaoh some 20 years old, and to have ruled for 67 years till around 1213 OR 1212 BC. That in case means he did rule some years longer than said in our other sources - f. ex. an encyclopaedia of good reputation – which says till ca. 1230 BC. But for this case it does not matter, as in both cases Ramses II ruled around 1235 BC when the exodus took place according to science - - - if it took place. Islam tries to tell that it is of no consequence which pharaoh it was, and that we do not know anything about when exodus may have happened, and they mention some other possible pharaohs - included Tut-ank-amon (then it is easier not to explain why the Quran may not be wrong concerning the drowning of the pharaoh, though also Tut-ank-amon did not drown). BUT WHAT IS OF CONSEQUENCE IS THAT SCIENCE REALLY BELIEVE THE YEAR WAS AROUND 1235 BC - - - AND EVEN MORE: IF ANY PHARAOH AT A REASONABLE TIME DURING THE HISTORY HAD DROWNED, WE HAD HAD 3 RELIGIONS SCREAMING ABOUT THE FACT – which they do not do. Which means that the pharaoh obviously did not drown.
Beware that some Muslim sources argues that it took place under some more obscure pharaohs (often one from 1500 - 1600 BC). These mainly are persons or institutions that have a reason for wanting it to have happened at other times, f. ex. because we know Ramses II did not drown, and want it to have happened under a pharaoh that may have drowned (to make the Quran or Bible be true). Normally science is more neutral and correct than wishful thinkers, but should the Exodus all the same have happened (if it happened) under some other pharaoh than Ramses II, what we say about what happened in case must be adjusted for that. But as said: Science mainly agree on that if the Exodus happened, it happened ca. 1235 bC.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for that http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?