Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Contents of this chapter:
Real scientists say flatly NO. There are too many sources for mistakes:
This resulted in hundreds of variants of the book - depending on some varieties here and there.
To camouflage that there were varieties of the Quran, it was called “different ways of reading” instead of “different varieties”. A polite and diplomatic way of lying. The Quran expert Ibn Mohair (d. 935 AD) and a comity finally canonized 7, and as each existed in 2 varieties, that meant 14 varieties (but there were more also after this). See the Preface for more on this.
Today only 2 versions are used (the Egyptian (Hafs)from the 1920s and there is another (Warsh) used some places in Africa). How big is the chance for that just this has exactly the same words as Muhammad pronounced? Exceedingly small. And bothe cannot be 100% correct.
The chances for that the Quran of today is exactly a copy of Muhammad’s words, are infinitesimally small to the tenth power.
The Quran and Muslims proudly declare that the lack of inconsequent points in the book, is a proof for its being sent down by Allah.
But for one thing: Even if there had been no inconsequent points in the book, that only had meant the maker had done a good job - no proof of a deity.
But the main thing is that there are inconsequent points in the Quran. I have pointed to a couple, but there are many more. How many depends on how strictly you judge. I have seen numbers from 100 to 200 depending on how strictly one judges.
Abrogations are points that are changed by the Quran itself or by some Hadith. An abrogation means that one ore more verse(s) is/are made invalid, as there come a newer verse saying something different about the same thing. The rule is simple: If two or more verses (or Hadiths) “collide”, the youngest verse (or the saying or deed the Hadith tells about) normally is the valid one, and the others are from that time made invalid (but they are to remain in the Quran all the same). Really also an abrogation is an inconsequence - an omniscient god having to correct himself! Here we have seen numbers from 5 to 500, but scientists tends to talk about numbers around 200 and up to 225 - most of them peaceful verses from Mecca, exchanged for harder verses from Medina, and often far more bloody ones. Peaceful living and benevolence abrogated for hate and blood and terror after 622 AD. F. ex. no more peace with non-Muslims: Kill them. (See also separate chapter on abrogation). One bad fact is that most of the peaceful verses are from the Mecca period (610 - 622 AD), whereas the verses of hate and rape and robbing, of murder and war are from the later Medina period (622 - 632 AD). That means that many of the peaceful verses, even many which Muslims refer to in debates, are invalid. Those abrogations changed Islam from a peaceful religion, to a war religion glorifying hate and suppression and blood and inhumanity.
So much is said about Sharia today, that we will not go deeply into it. We only want to add that the complete Sharia is not a part of the Quran. Some is taken from there, some from Hadith (short stories - may be true, may be not true - about what Muhammad and some of his men and successors said and did, some is decided by consensus (ijma) among the orthodox learned leaders (not in a meeting, but by over time agreeing on that this and that must be right), and finally by analogies (quays) - “this case is somewhat similar to what happened in that Hadith, and then the fair and just solution must be like that”. (But see also the chapter on abrogation - unclear abrogations makes problems for the law.)
There are 4 different ways - 4 schools - of understanding and practising the Sharia. Strangely enough all four are generally accepted to be correct, even though they are different, and can even be used at the same time - but that should actually no be a surprise in a religion where there at one time were 14 and more varieties of the Quran, all said to be correct. All these 4 schools were started in the late 700s or early 800s AD. The first time much happened as they worked to adjust it all to real life. But around 900 AD they found that now all was in order and that there were no more to discuss. After that the Sharia has been more or less unabridged. A fact that made the students able to use the same text books for hundreds of years, and f. ex. has resulted in students nearly up till today studying slave law, marriage and divorce between jinns and humans, etc. A law that today has obvious shortcomings for modern life - a problem an omniscient god should have foreseen.
And a law where nothing has happened for 1100 years.
In spite of propaganda: People have left Islam. But to do so officially takes a brave person, especially if you do not emigrate to a non-Muslim area.
The laws will be against you. The society will be against you. Your family will be against you. And not least: It is a bad Muslim that does not kill you.
Even the world does not help you: In the United Nation’s declaration of Human Rights, # 18 was adjusted in November 1981, and the Muslims forced UN to omit the right to change religion. (It obviously is a human right - but Islam does not accept that. They even have made official Muslim Human Rights for Muslims following the Quran and Muhammad.)
Worse: Now the Muslims try to make UN prohibit “insulting of other religion’s prophets”. There is only one single prophet on this earth who needs such a law - and with a reason - and that is Muhammad. And just you guess how that law will be used!! Do whatever you can to stop it.
Latest news: Islam succeded in UN.
(On the other hand there is so much wrong and damning in the Quran, in Hadiths, and with Muhammad, that may be that success is not very serious. Just tell the truth about them and about Muhammad and you have a gun more heavy than any insult.)
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?