Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Contents in this chapter:
The Quran and Islam for one thing claim that the clear and easy language is a proof for that the book is made by a god, and for another that the perfect language is a proof for the existence of Allah (no such proofs exist, so they try to find proofs). And not least that the book and its perfect language is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated - that the language is "clear and easy" and that only those "in whose hearts are perversity" go looking for hidden meanings - hidden meanings "it only is for Allah to understand".
001 3/7: “He (Allah*) it is Who has sent down to thee (Muhammad/Muslims*) the Book (the Quran*), in it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); that are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts are perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and seeking for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah.” It is very clear here that the plain and obvious meaning in the texts mainly is the correct understanding. When you remember that Muhammad’s congregation mainly were uneducated and often naïve people, this is even easier to understand had to be the case - it had to be meant for literal and easy understanding.
Then there is the question about allegories. There are some scattered verses said to be allegories or similar, and which are explained the meanings of. As the meanings are explained, these must be understood as included in “verses basic or fundamental”.
There are no clear allegories where the meaning is not obvious or explained.
But in any text – even in Donald Duck – it is possible to find – or make up - hidden meanings. But this is strongly adviced against here: Only Allah is qualified to do that: ”- no one knows its hidden meaning except Allah”. And who is better to know just that than Allah? – the maker (?) of the book - and the one revering the presumed Mother Book in his “home”? But all the same a standard explanation used by Islam of any mistake or contradiction is that it must not be understood literally but allegorically. As soon as f. ex. science shows that something is wrong, that text switches from beeing “basic and fundamental – of established meaning”, to becoming an allegory. This in spite of Allah and in spite of the clear words of the Quran. It is one of the three most frequently used last ditch ways Islam and Muslims use to try to “explain” away things that cannot be explained. (Number 2 is: “You cannot take the meaning from just one point or a few verse – you have to judge from the whole connection (or the whole Quran)." This in spite of that they themselves happily and with glee quotes and often even twists words far out of context to favour Islam (f. ex. “There is (wrongly quoted) no compulsion in religion” - correctly quoted: "Let there be no compulsion in religion". The first pretends to be a fact, the other in reality is a wish or something.And what makes it really twisted in addition to misquoted, is that it is abrogated by no less than at least some 30 later verses - a fact any educated Muslim knows, but never mention) or to discredit any other religion. And the 3. last ditch "explanation" is: "You are lying" of "- are a Muslim hater" or "- a Jew lower", in any of which cases your meanings, arguments, and even your facts from the Quran are of no concequence or interest. Efficient ways do get out of or "de-railing" a difficult discussion.) But 3/7 proves that to make up hidden meanings behind the words – f. ex. changing its meaning to be allegorical where an allegory is not indicated – is wrong and strongly against Allah’s wish and order – it is the work of “those in whose hearts is perversity”.
Also see 44/58 and 54/17below.
002 44/58: “Verily, We (Allah*) have made this (Quran) easy, in thy (Muhammad’s) tongue in order that they (people*) may give heed.” Also see 3/7 above and 54/17 below. There is no doubt that Muhammad/Allah meant the Quran to be understood literally. To search for hidden meanings "a la" not clearly indicated allegories, is wrong. All the same Muslims and Islam use such claims in east and west as a last resort to be able to “explain” that witch is not explainable if one reads the Quran literally and in the way Allah clearly states that it is to be read and understood – except for by those “in whose hearts is perversity” (3/7).
003 54/17 = 54/20 = 54/32 = 54/40: “And We (Allah*) have indeed made the Quran easy to understand - - -.” Anyone wanting to try to “explain” away difficult points like mistakes or invalid logic or contradictions by calling them allegories etc. should read this sentence. It even is written 4 times and thus a solidly cemented and nailed truth: The Quran is to be understood literally and search for hidden meanings is only for Allah, and such search only is for the ones “in whose hearts is perversity - - -.” (3/7). Also see 3/7 and 44/58 above.
Further documentation about this, with comments from “The Message of the Quran” in chapter VII-10-1 "Some essentials for understanding the Quran".
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?