Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
It should be unnecessary to document questions for proofs for Allah in the Quran in a book commenting the Quran. But we find it necessary for two reasons:
We will not quote too many - you can find more yourself. Also beware that from the texts in the book it is clear that the question about proofs frequently was asked. But no proof was ever given - not then and not in the following 1400 years. Only words - and words are cheap.
001 2/108: “Wouldst ye (Muslims*) question your Messenger (Muhammad*) as Moses was questioned of old?” The Quran says that if it was wrong to ask Moses to show people their god, then it is wrong to ask Muhammad for proofs. Muhammad’s logic is not perfect - there is a difference between asking to see a god and asking for proofs of his existence - but it was a way to evade the questions.
002 2/118: “Say these without knowledge (the ones stupid enough to ask questions Allah of course will not answer*): ‘Why speaketh not Allah unto us? Or why cometh not unto us a Sign?” As said first in this quotation: So say those without knowledge - and who wants to be said to be without knowledge?
003 3/183: “Allah took our promise not to believe in a Messenger unless he showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (from heaven)”. The underlying question: Then where is the proof?
004 6/8: “They (people*) say: ’Why is not an angel sent down to him (to Muhammad to prove his religion*)”. So many angels that Allah is said in the Quran to send up and down each day (even though it says differently later in this verse - inconsistence), that would be an easy proof.
005 6/37: “They (people*) say: ’Why is not a Sign sent down to him (Muhammad*) from his Lord (Allah*)?” Many questions and requests - not one single unmistakeable sign. But lots of fast-talk.
006 8/32: “- - - they said: ’O, Allah if this is indeed the truth from Thee, rain down on us a shower of stones from the sky or send us a grievous Penalty”. No doubt that proofs really were needed and would have had effect - but never an answer.
007 10/20: “Why is not a Sign sent down to him (Muhammad*)”. Well, that really is a question.
008 13/27: “The Unbelievers say: ’Why is not a Sign sent down to him (Muhammad*) from his Lord (Allah*)?” Signs were dearly needed and would clearly have meant something - but Muhammad was unable to deliver one. Did not Allah want? Or was Muhammad not really his prophet? Or was Allah a fiction? Who knows as long as nothing is proved? - it is possible to believe, especially if one wants to, but there is no knowledge without a proof.
009 14/10: “Ye (Muhammad*) wish to turn us (pagan Arabs*) away from the (gods) our fathers used to worship: then bring us some clear authority.” These pagans did not say no - they asked for proof. Proofs would have made an impression, but like always Muhammad could prove nothing. But no doubt: People asked for proofs.
010 17/90-93: “They (non-Muslims*) say: ‘We shall not believe in thee (Muhammad*), until thou cause a spring to gush forth for us from the earth (or give us some other proof*)”. Strong requests - and a positive answer would have had effect. But there never was any proof for anything - not for Allah, not for Gabriel, not for being a prophet, not for Islam.
011 In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there are no ptoof for Allah and impossible to ptove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to Allah.
This should be plenty for showing that there really were requests for proofs - you can find more such ones by reading the Quran yourself.
But Muhammad was never able to deliver.
All the mistakes and even more the contradictions and the invalid statements, “signs” and “proofs” give us a bad feeling.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real ars for www.1000mistakes. com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?