Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Very little is said about children in the Quran, except as valuable assets for a man – at least sons were and are of value to the main person in the Quran except for Muhammad: The man. In addition it is stressed time and again and again that one has to take care of especially orphans – which may be connected to the fact that Muhammad himself became an orphan at 6 (and lost his father even before he was born).
But for that very little is said about children – children were of little consequence to a warlord. We are told that the foetus gets its soul and thus becomes human four months after conception (that is why Islam is liberal with treatment of early foetuses). Then the child preferably behaved well, and preferably grew up to become a good Muslim and warrior. We are not even told what happen to babies or children that die. Well they go to Heaven – but as eternal babies or children? – or as (young) adults? It is not said. Frequently it is mentioned that a good Muslim who dies, goes to Heaven and there will sooner or later have his family around himself – but his children, are they still children? It is said nothing clearly about it.
It also should be mentioned that slaves imported to the Americas consisted of 2/3 men for work, and the rest mainly women for work (sex with negro slaves were frowned at, though practised to some extent) and some children. To Muslim areas, however, the ratio was 1/3 men for work and 2/3 women and children, to a large degree for the harems. Children also easily were converted to Islam - f. ex. the janizars - Christian children taken by force to f. ex. Turkey to become Muslim soldiers.
001 4/2: “To orphans restore their property (when they reach their age).” If you have taken care of the valuables of an orphan, give it back to him or her when they come of age. If you are poor, you can have taken from it for the child’s necessities, but preferably not – and if you have made it grow, then even better.
002 4/3: “If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice – two or three or four - - -“. An ok excuse for a marriage? Al least it is from this verse that Muslims know they can have up to 4 wives (+ concubines and slave women of course).
003 4/6: “Make a trial of orphans until they reach the age of marriage; if then ye find sound judgement in them, release their property to them.” See 47” above.
004 4/9: “Let those (disposing an estate (for an orphan or a widow/children*)) have the same fear in their minds as they would have for their own if they had left a helpless family behind - - -“. This part of Islam – care for orphans – is one part where the ethics and the moral may be did not wither and die after 622 AD.
005 4/10: “Those (guardians*) who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up Fire into their own bodies - - -.” It was – and is – a grave sin to disuse the property of an orphan.
006 4/127: “And (remember) what hath been rehearsed unto you in the Book, concerning the (girl*) orphans of women to whom ye give not the portions prescribed, and yet whom ye desire to marry, as also concerning the children who are weak and oppressed; that ye stand firm for justice to orphans.” If you had a young orphan girl in the house, the temptation to make her an additional wife for you could be considerable.
007 6/151: “- - - kill not your children - - -.” In pre-Islamic times in Arabia it happened that parents killed baby daughters (by burying them alive). This Muhammad put an end to. But to be fair both ways: Muslims often pretends that this was a normal thing to do by the Pagans, and that Islam thus has saved huge numbers of girls through the centuries. Realities – realities admitted also by modern Muslim scholars - are that it only happened infrequently, and perhaps in connection with ceremonies mainly. (All the same it is a plus that he put an end to it).
008 6/152: “And come not nigh to an orphan’s property, except to improve it - - -.” Muhammad did his best to protect orphans – one of the (too few) pluses for him.
009 25/74: “O Lord (Allah*)! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort to our eyes, and give us (the grace) lo lead the righteous.” I pray for good things and reputation for myself, not primarily for a good life for the child, here in the Quran. The only person in the centre for the Qurans interest – except Muhammad – is the man and actual or potential warrior.
010 90/15-16: “(A good deed is among others*) the giving of food in a day of privation to the orphans with the claims of relationship.” Take care of the orphans.
There are speculations among some Muslim scholars if the houries and the male servants in Paradise are humans that have died as babies or scildren. It in case is some Paradise for them - eternal sex slaves or eternal servants just because Allah did not let them live longer on Earth. But we stress that this is not said in the Quran - it just is educated speculations within Islam.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?