Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Also see chapters “Muslims are better”, “Make no friends with non-Muslims”, and “Incitement to dislike, hate and suppression”.
Muslims and some non-Muslims tell that for non-Muslims to live in Muslim countries is no problem - peaceful, safe and quiet.
What they do not tell is that according to the Quran, the deal is: Some safety in exchange for:
Really the Quran does not say much about the life for non-Muslims in Muslim countries. Most of it one has to guess from verses talking only indirectly about such things. F. ex. verses talking about war, suppressing of non-Muslims, the superiority of Muslims, marriage, etc.
Also beware that there is a huge differences - after all - between “the People of the Book” (mainly Jews and Christians) and all other non-Muslims, called pagans (some places and times the Zoroastrians of Persia was reckoned to be a little better than other pagans). The pagans are the bottom.
If it was not for the verse telling there should be no compulsion in religion in 2/256, the situation might have been worse - though the Muslims frequently have forgotten that through history, especially when dealing with “pagans” - and for a good reason; 2/256 is abrogated and made invalid by some 30 different later and more bloody verses - a fact Muslims always "forget" to mention. Surah no. 2 was the first one in Medina and the other harsh ones were introduced after the arrival there, and so the hard surahs about war and hate take precedence over it - the rules of abrogation (when two or more verses conflict, the newest one normally is the valid one).
But there are a few verses from where one can get direct information.
001 8/39: “- - - there (shall*) prevail justice and faith in Allah all together and everywhere - - -”. There shall be the rule of law - but the Muslim rule of law, where f. ex. a non-Muslim cannot witness against a Muslim. But to be fair, the Quran several places tells that judges shall judge correctly, so if there is no special reason, if the judge is not against non-Muslims, if he is not corrupt, etc., there was a reasonable chance to get a fair decision - fair according to Muslim laws. At least as long as your opponent was not a Muslim, or worse, a powerful Muslim. In that case the law was/is not fair.
But Islam should - and shall - be the dominant religion.
002 8/58: “If thou fearest treachery from any group, throw back (their Convenant) to them - - -”. It was enough to “fear treachery” - or say they did - then the situation for non-Muslims suddenly became more unsafe. This has happened many times throughout history - sometimes resulting in pogroms and massacres. A late one was in Indonesia a few years ago where some 2ooo Chinese inhabitants were murderer and a huge ransacking spree took place against etnic Chinese Indonesian citizens (and that was not even because of fear, but because of the Chinese worked more and often were etter educated and had become richer than Muslims), and one where at least 200ooo etnic Chinese were killed 1 - 2 generations ago. A much worse story was against Armenians around 1900 AD. Some 1.2 million killed and no one knows how many girls/women were kidnapped for rape and/or harems. This story was in the news in 2007, and Turkey still does not have the backbone to face it. Darfur with at least 200ooo slaughtered civilians - takes place today. And there is no guaranty for the future.
There have been more of the same kind - even though Muslims never talk about other facts than that at times - sometimes even long times - Muslim countries were relatively safe for Jews, etc. if they accepted inferior status, no power, little legal security and extra taxes.
003 9/29: “Fight those who believe not in Allah - - - until they pay jizya (extra tax - sometimes heavy) with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” Comments on how it is to live under such helpless apartheid conditions is not necessary - the Negroes in South Africa at least did not have to pay an extra tax on top of all.
Also see other chapters - f. ex. “Muslims are better than other people”, like 68/35 + 36 or 25/44, and “Age Golden Age of Coexistence.
(More will be added not later than 2010).
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on a thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page. We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not safe enough - we have had death threaths (better to kill an opponent, than to check if a religion brainwashed into you only on the word of a man who even practised lies (f. ex. "war is deceit") and advocated breaking even your oaths if that gave a better result, is true ot made up - old beliefs are hard to question).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?