For the fact mistakes and errors arranged by themes, see Part II, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3, Sections 1 through 16 (= II-1-3-1 through -16). About the Mega Mistakes see II-1-2-1 through -4. For the "complete" list of mistaken facts see II-1-4-1 through -9).
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Is the Bible falsified?
As you will see also other places in this book, the answer according to science is a clear NO. There are many thousands of old scriptures and fragments – the number varies some, but may be around 13ooo relevant ones that are older than 610 AD (when Muhammad started his mission and started quoting or telling from Biblical legends, apocryphal stories, etc., but little from the Bible proper - and before 610 AD there also was no reason for falcifying a Muhammad out of the Bible, as he could have been a genuine prophet) – of those some 300 from the Gospels. In addition there are some 30ooo other manuscripts older than 610 BC with references to verses in the Bible. Islam has found not one single of them containing proofs for that the Bible is falsified. If they had found the slightest proof for this, you bet they had told about it, and in huge letters. And science clearly says that the New Testament of today is the same as the original - the undocumented claims from Islam about falsifications in the NT clearly are wrong. The same goes for the Old Testament as far back as it has been possible to trace it – which means that if there are falsifications, they have to have been made at least 1000 years before Muhammad, and consequently at a time when there was no reason to falsify it to discredit a Muhammad.
There may be some mistakes – though much less than in the Quran. But no falsifications.
But Muhammad – and Islam – needed and need this (undocumented) claim to “explain” the differences between what the Quran tells that the Bible says, and what it really says.
One of the standard claims from Muslims and from Islam, is that Injil - the Gospels - were changed at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD. A lot of not documated claims about falsification and about destruction of the older and correct Gospels during this counsil has been put forth by Islam. Not one of them are proved or in other ways documented - and we again are back to the fact that Islam is the best proof for that the claims are not true: If any proof or document or even strong indication only of any falcification had existed, Islam had produced it with music and flowers. It has never been produced, simply because such documentation is totally unknown to science. Claims, yes, as claims are cheap. Proofs never.
The background for this meeting was a savage debate between a certain Arius (and his followers) and the traditional national churches.
Arius (256 - 336 AD) was a clergyman who lived and worked in Alexandria, but he had his own ideas about some topics. One of his main topics for disagreement was that Jesus was created before anything else and took part in the creation of the world (collides both with Christianity and Islam). Another was that Jesus was a demi-god, neither fully human, nor fully divine (collides with both Christianity who says he was both fully divine and fully human, and with Islam which claims he only was human).
It was to settle this dispute the Council of Nicea was arranged by the Roman Emperor Constantin (the first Christian emperor in Rome).
The dispute was settled - though it took long time befort the case was finally finished - as the some 250 bishops after thorough study of the scriptures and the 4 Gospels (these 4 Gospels from the very beginning of organized Christian churches had been the ones one used by the main body of the Christians - simply because these were the ones which (one believed) were written by apostles and thus the really reliable ones), practically unanimously agreed on that Arius was wrong.
The agenda of the Nicaea Council, year 325 AD (according to Wikipedia):
In addition these were added during the council:
(These additions just were clarifications of the old points of view of the church.)
In addition to this they used the opportunity to discuss some other topics - the agenda is well known:
The only place you find any word about large changes - any changes at all - in the religion, is in never documented Islamic claims..
Besides: How do you make a congregation of 250 top leaders of a religion - any religion - suddenly and dramatically change their own religion? Such a group will always be very conservative and always oppose big dogmatic changes - once more; this goes for any religion (just sak 250 ayatollahs make dramatic changes in their religion - the resistance will be as instinctive and more or less as strong in any of the big religions).
Not to mention: How do you arrange such a change in a way that makes it impossible for professors and scientists of history to find any change? - because the only ones who have ever claim they have found it, are Muslim clergy and some scholars (not scientists, but scholars). Islamic clergy and scholars who have claimed a lot, but never proved or documented one single of those claims.
This chapter will be completed later, and not later than 2010 AD. There is a lot more. The essence is that science have proved beyond any reasonable and unreasonable doubt that there may be mistakes in the Bible - though much fewer than in the Quran - but no falsifications.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what than is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for that http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary). "Cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and have someone announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on any thread with "1000 mistakes" in the title on that forum will be read by us. Topix is a big international debate page. (We cannot answer on that page, though, as it is not secure enough - there are death threaths already from Muslims. Kill the disbeliever! - that is better than to check if Islam is a made up religion brainwashed into you).
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?