For the fact mistakes and errors based on themes, see Part II, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3, Sections 1 through 16.
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
Animism and anthropomorphism are reckoned to be the most primitive trait within religions. Animism means that one believe that inanimate things like wood or stone, etc. have or is inhabited by life and mind and thoughts like animals (therefore the name) or humans or even gods. Anthropomorphism is similar, but gives inamimate matter, plants amd animals human-like traits – and ways of thinking – mostly.
The Quran contains some places where animism is obvious - mountains or sky or other things speaking or reacting consciously to Allah - or praising Allah. We here mention some – and also include some from the next step of superstition: Animals behaving, thinking and/or speaking like humans – personification of animals (anthromorphism).
001 19/90-91 “As if the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin. That they (Christians*) should invoke a son for (Allah) (Yahweh/God*) - - -.” Thus would the unbelief be in the nature regarding the claim that Jesus is the son of God .
002 21/79: “- - - it was Our (Allah’s*) power that made the hills and the birds celebrate Our (Allah's) praise - - -.” Hills express no feelings or anything – they are totally inanimate. Birds? In old times religious people claimed they sang to praise God - or Allah or gods. But science has long since found that the reasons for their songs are more prosaic – very often to declare their territory or attract mates. Besides they do not have the brain power for abstract thinking like praising a god. Animism and antopmorphism in one verse.
003 22/18: “- - - to Allah bow down in worship all things that are in the heavens (plural and wrong*) and on earth – the sun, the moon, the stars, the hills, the trees and the animals - - -. A lot of animism + personification even of inanimate things. Not bad. “The Message of the Quran” (remark 22) even stresses that it is “conscious subjunction under the will of Allah”. Not bad at all – especially not for inanimate matter.
004 33/72: “We (Allah*) did indeed offer the Trust (Islam/the Quran) to the (material*) Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains; but they refused to undertake it, being afraid thereof - - -.” Frightened suns and planets and mountains??? Not bad even for a religion – like in fairy tales.
005 41/11: “They (the sky and the Earth*) said: ‘We do come (together), in willing obedience.” They not only are thinking and answering; they even have will and obedience.”
006 59/21: “Had We (Allah*) sent down this Quran on a mountain, verily, thou (Muslims*) wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave itself asunder for fear of Allah”. Rocks do not only understand what is happening, but also are afraid.
007 62/1: “Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the praise and glory of Allah - - -”. Absolutely anything that exists have a mind able to praise Allah?
008 64/1: “Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the praise and glory of Allah - - -”. No. 62/1 just above is cemented.
Read the Quran and you will find more like this - not very much, but far too much. It tells oceans about how advanced or primitive the religion is, that it operates also on the primitive levels of animism and anthropomorphism.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and what then is Islam? - a made up, invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?