For the fact mistakes and errors based on themes, see Part II, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3, Sections 1 through 16.
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
The Quran very strongly stresses that it is written in pure and correct Arabic. Normally some non-Arabic words should not mean very much, but as both the Quran, Islam and Muslims stress the pure and correct language as a “sign”/”proof” for that the book is made by Allah, it becomes serious. An omniscient god using the purity of the language as a proof for his authorship, would not use one single non-Arabic word - this even more so as in most cases corresponding Arab words did exist. One Muslim “explanation” (set forth by the in philology educated scholar Muslim Jalal al-Din al-Suyuti, dead 1505 AD) is that Arabs have used the words so much, that they have made them Arab. Like many Muslim “explanations” concerning mistakes in the Quran, it is very ad hoc, and strongly marked by the intense necessity to find some explanation, and by the fact that this was the only one possible one - good or not they have to use it. The language - and the “explanation” - is not pure enough and good enough to prove Allah’s existence, his connection to Muhammad, or Allah’s authorship.
Pure Arab also is the language spoken in Heaven according to some Islamic literature (and some Muslim sects - notably the Amaddijjas - have “proved” it also is the original language on Earth, believe it or not.)
12/2: “We (Allah*) have sent it down as an Arabic Quran - - -.”
13/37: “Thus heve We (Allah*) revealed it (the Quran*) to be a judgement of authority in Arabic.”
16/103: “’It is a man that teaches him (Muhammad*)’. (But*) The tongue of him they point to (a learned foreigner*) is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear”. The proof is invalid (even if the teacher was a foreigner, Muhammad's retelling would depend on Muhammad's choice of words), also because the language is not “pure and clean”.
41/44: “Unfortunately for their (non-Muslims*) postulate (that Muhammad had a foreign teacher*), any possible human teacher they could think of would be poor in Arabic speech if they had all the knowledge that the Quran reveals of previous revelations (the Bible*). Apart from that, even the most eloquent Arab could not, and cannot, produce anything with the eloquence, width, and depth of Quranic teaching, as if evident from every verse of the book (the Quran*)”.
Well, the language proves nothing here, too, as it is not “pure and clean Arab” and as it in case was Muhammad's choise of words that were spread, not the possible teacher's. (Also; really the Quran does not show much knowledge about the Bible, but more about the non-Biblical legends and tales that were rife and popular in Arabia - and beyond - at the time of Muhammad. A teacher that really knew the Bible, had told the Quran very differently. The verse proves nothing.)
It is here also worth remembering:
But all the same the use of imported words in a book trying to use perfect Arab language as a proof for divine origin, tells that it is not made by an omniscient god - he had not made such mistakes.
We stress that the following samples partly are taken from Internet, as our Arab is not up to that standard. Therefore it must be used carefully, and if you find mistakes, please inform us. It only is meant as a taste - according to experts there are a lot more:
There also are Syriac words like; taboot, tag hoot, zakat, malakout.
There are more as said above - and also from other countries. Al Suyuti himself lists 107 foreign words in the Quran. An expert like Arthur Jeffery says some 275 words.
It must be a let down that even the word “Qur’an” is not an Arab word, but from Syriac.
A clear conclusion: A clear and pure Arab language in the book cannot be used as a proof for that Allah sent down the Quran (– this in spite of that some Muslims tell that Arab is the language that is used in Heaven). On the contrary: The mistakes may indicate the opposite.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?