For the fact mistakes and errors based on themes, see Part II, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3, Sections 1 through 16.
There are some inevitable conclusions you arrive at when you read the Quran without religious blindness, but with some knowledge about different things relevant to the texts - and use your intelligence and knowledge, not just blind belief - and with one fact in mind: THAT AN OMNISCIENT GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES, SO THE EXISTENCE OF ONE SINGLE MISTAKE IS A WARNING THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG, AND THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN A VERY FEW IS A 100% PROOF FOR THINGS BEING SERIOUSLY WRONG. Well, actually even one mistake is a 100% such proof.
Islam has a tendency to use half-truths and cherry picking when they argue. To have the best chance of finding a true answer, you always have to use all the real facts you know, and then deduce using strict and correct logic. Islam far from always does that. To use the very wrong statements of the 7 material heavens, as an example:
This Islam tries to explain f. ex. that in old Arab “7” often meant “a number of”. This may or may not be true, but no matter it explains nothing away, as “a number of heavens” is as bad as “seven heavens”. And they often try to explain that Muhammad in reality meant the universe and all then galaxies, etc. - things the Quran in never mentions and never had an idea about. And they try to explain that the Quran in reality talks about 7 layers in the atmosphere, ionosphere and magnetosphere - things further away from Muhammad’s brain than something outside the reach of a space telescope. An acquaintance of mine really got a scolding from an angry Muslim because he refused to believe that Muhammad really was way ahead of science when he talked about 7 heavens meaning 7 layers in the atmosphere that now science finally had discovered – “everything fit” (no matter if the stars were not fixed to the lowest of those layers like the Quran says, the frying of Eart that would result from such neighbourhood, etc.)
In this discussion, Islam carefully omits to mention:
This kind of intellectual dishonesty makes a great and negative impression on educated readers trying to keep an open mind - the only thing such a reader can conclude with, is that Muslims are so dishonest or under such influence from wishful thinking or religious blindness - or leaders coldly going for power - that it is not possible to believe anything at all of what they tell, unless you have good proofs from the outside. - or that they simply are that naïve, uneducated or religiously blind. But: Repeating and repeating and repeating that everything in the Quran is true, may make many naive and not quite so naïve persons believe it is so, too. Remember Joseph Goebbels: “If you repeat a lie often enough, people start believing it is the truth”.
The psychological difficulties for Muslims (and others) of checking and testing and changing one’s deepest beliefs, are easy to understand. But what is the logic in: Better to believe blindly in the religion of our forefathers which no-one ever has controlled whether is right or wrong. Better - no matter what the facts say - than to may be find out it really is wrong and then in no way can lead to a paradise. This especially if there somewhere exists a true religion you have been prohibitted to look for, and then you wake up the wrong place in a possible (?) next life.
Our personal intellectual, non-religious mind just wonder: Is it really better not to ask questions and believe blindly in the god of ones fathers, like Muslims do – and only find out if it is true or not in a possible next life?.
And if the Quran - and Islam - is made up (f. ex. by a Muhammad wanting followers and power like so many new religious leaders (it is clear he liked power and women - and money for bribes/"gifts") and/or by a Muhammad perhaps partly ruled by an illness (like f. ex. TLE), where does that leave ALL Muslims? - especially if there should happen to be another, true religion that Islam hinders its believers to find?
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.
Please inform all and everybody and all relevant fora - f. ex. Internet pages for debate or information - about the address http://www.1000mistakes.com. It is information that is urgently needed by many, not least by Muslims. No god made a book with so many mistakes and other wrongs - and if the Quran and Islam are made up by humans or dark forces, where are the followers of this inhumanly dark and brutal war religion heading for in a possible next life?