(The “complete” list is in Part II, Chapter 1, Subchapter 4, Sections 1 through 8.)
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
**001 3/154: “Even if you had remained in your homes (instead of taking part in the battle of Uhud, where many were killed), those for whom the death was decreed would certainly have gone forth to the place of their death (= they had died anyhow*)”. Here we again have the predestination. You can as well do battle, because Allah has decided long time ago (actually 5 months before you were born according to Hadith) when you are to die. If your time is up, you will die no matter, even if you are lying in your bed. That means that to do battle is not dangerous, but you can win a lot of wealth - and slaves - and if you die in battle, you are sure to go to Paradise with its luxury life and willing houries (in addition to your wives), which you are not sure of if you die at home. The only intelligent thing to do is to fight for your prophet - or his successors.
Today it is easy to prove by statistics that this is very wrong - but Muhammad did not know about statistics (and a god had not even needed statistics to know it was stupidity). Actually Islam today back-pedals very much concerning predestination - telling f. ex. that the Quran does not mean real predestination (but not explaining what it "really" is). But the book is so clear, that it is impossible to explain it away - f. ex. many places connected to statements that when your time is out, you will die anyhow, (and therefore you can as well go to war). See f. ex. 3/154b).
002 6/28: “But if they (sinners*) were returned (from Hell to Earth*), they would certainly relapse to the things they were forbidden”. This is one of the places an intelligent man with lots of knowledge about people, like Muhammad had, knew he was lying – most persons having seen and experienced a Hell like the one described in the Quran, would do practically anything not to end up there again if they got a second chance.
003 28/84: “- - - the doers of evil are only punished (to the extent) of their deeds”. Flatly wrong. There is an abyss of injustice between what sins most sinners have committed, and the punishment they get in Hell.
00a 32/10: “- - - a Creation renewed?” Muhammad believed we are to be recreated bodily at the Day of Doom. He also argues that if Allah is able to create you from semen (and egg – though the egg cell was unknown to Muhammad and to the Quran) he is able to recreate you bodily after you have become dust and juices. May be – but there is a difference between to create the natural way, and to recreate against strong entropy (a word from physics that refers to caos) – the logic therefore is lacking.
004 33/16: “Running away will not profit you, if you are running away from death or slaughter; and even if (ye do escape) , no more than a brief (respite) will ye be allowed to enjoy”. Wrong. It is very easy to prove by means of statistics, that if you get away from a battle, your chances for being alive one year later, greatly improve. Any god had known – but Muhammad did not know statistics. (Actually the claim also is contra-intuitive and against common sense – he had to know this were lies even if he knew no statistics, but predestination was good propaganda for getting more warriors and more ferosious warriors). Also see 3/154 just below.
00b 37/16: “When we die, and become dust and bones, shall we (then) be raised up again - - -“. The Quran and Islam teaches that at the Day of Doom every human being is resurrected bodily – Allah gathers all the bone and dust and fluids you were made of and puts it back together in your earthly, old body, except rejuvenated if you died old (nothing is said about the age and maturity of resurrected babies and children) – to Hell if you lived a bad life and to a Earth-like, but luxurious life in a 1 to 4 star Heaven if you have been good (and even better if you have been an outstanding Muslim) – and depending on how good and how much of a warrior you have been – during your life on Earth. Believe it who wants – and remember that in reality Allah decided everything you did on Earth according to the Quran and to Islam (a fact even Islam is unable to explain how fits the claims of the free will of man, and thus the justice of sending him to Hell if Allah has decided his (bad) acts on Earth.) Similar claim in 50/3.
**005 64/7: “The Unbelievers think that they will not be raised up (after this life*)”. Wrong. Islam wants to be a religion for the entire world, and most religions it met and meets have a second life. But what was difficult for the old Arabs to accept, was that Muhammad told that not only your soul - or something similar - was to be resurrected, but your complete and exact body, except that you are to be resurrected as a young and good-looking person - there is said nothing about people born with mental or physical handicaps, or babies/children in this connection. (There is one inconsistence, though: 2-3 places the Quran tells that your women in Paradise will be of “suitable age” - f. ex. 78/33. Why? - if everyone will be young and then of roughly the same age?) If bodily resurrection is believable or not, anyone will have to decide for himself or herself.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Muhammad? - and whar then is Islam? - a made up and invalid religion?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.