(The “complete” list is in Part II, Chapter 1, Subchapter 4, Sections 1 through 8.)
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
An axiom in the Quran and in Islam is that Yahweh and Allah just are two names for the same god. But:
00a 2/107: “And besides Him ye (people*) have neither patron nor helper.” Well, Jesus told many times and in front of lots of witnesses that he could help.
001 5/72: “They do blaspheme who say: ‘God is the son of Mary’”. No Christians say that Yahweh is the son of Mary, Jesus. (Though catholic people use the expression “Mother of God” meaning “Mother of (the holy) Jesus”, but they clearly know the difference between God/Yahweh and Jesus). Similar claim in 5/17.- 5/72.
00b 5/73: “They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a trinity”. Our sources tell that the 3 last words does not exist in the Arab edition, but is added by Yusuf Ali. Then the correct text in case ends: “Allah (god*) is one of three (gods*).” Which obviously is wrong, as Christians only believe in one god. Besides it is a most dubious praxis to make additions to a text without making the readers aware of that it is an addition – f. ex. by putting the addition in ( ). See 5/116 just below. Similar claims in 2/139 – 3/64 - 42/13.
002 5/116: Mohammad believed the Trinity consisted of God/Yahweh, Jesus and Mary. Wrong. Both Muhammad and the Quran were wrong in the extreme when he/they thus believed Mary was part of the Trinity. (It consists (?) of God/Yahweh, Jesus and the Holy Spirit – also called the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of God, or only the Spirit). Muhammad never understood the Holy Spirit, even though he used it a few (3?) times in the Quran – and some Muslims refer to the Holy Spirit in the Quran as another name for the arch angel Gabriel (!) as it is “known” that Gabriel brought surahs and verses, but it is also said in the Quran that the Spirit brought some, and then they “must” be the same (!). Invalid logic. Also see 5/117.
00c 6/163: “No partner hath He: - - -”. If the Quran here means Allah, it may be correct. If it is indicating Yahweh, many words of Jesus clearly may be understood like the book is wrong.
***003 29/46: “- - - our (Muslims*) and your (Jews and Christians*) god is one - - -”. This is not correct unless he is schizophrenic, as too many fundamental aspects are too different between the two teachings. To mention a few:
|Islam:||New Testament (NT)|
|Do not kill without a good reason.||Do not kill.|
|To wage war is a religious duty.||Do not kill.|
|An eye for an eye.||Turn the other cheek.|
|You cannot carry another’s burden.||Carry your fellow man’s burden.|
|Religion shall run the country.||My country is not of this world.|
|Be killed for Allah and go to Paradise.||Become like a child to go to Paradise.|
|Paradise = Earth-like luxury plus women.||Paradise = Heaven for your soul.|
|(for women = luxury and a share of the husband).||(for women = Heaven for your soul.)|
|Paradise = resurrected body.||Paradise = the soul lives on.|
|Do not lie except for good reason.||Do not lie.|
|Do not mourn the unbeliever.||“The lost lamb”.|
|Break an oath and pay damage for it.||To break any oat is a severe sin.|
|Al-Taqiyya – Muslims’ lawful lie.||Do not lie.|
|To rob and steal may be “good and lawful”.||Do not steal.|
|To rob, steal and kill may be “good and lawful”.||Do against others like you want others to do against you."*|
|To rape a female slave is “good and lawful”.||So immoral that it is not even mentioned.|
|Help others to gain merit in heaven.||Help others because they need it – and gain merit in heaven.|
|To give help to yout nearest family - wife, children - give as much merit in Heaven as helping outsiders.||To help your nearest is a matter of course. The Bible mainly talks about helping others when it talks about giving help.|
*A similar sentence existst also in Islam (in Hadiths), but it is so well hidden and forgotten and sleeping, that we never have heard it quoted even from Muslims trying to prove what a benevolent religion Islam is.
(For those who do not know: Jesus said that if someone hit you on one cheek, turn the other towards him = answer bad with good. And: Jesus said that a good shepherd would search for a lost lamb = to save a lost soul is very valuable, and there is reason to mourn the not saved ones.)
We know both religions have been misused – though with one serious difference: Christ has been misused in contradiction to his teaching, Islam very often because of and in accordance with the Quran’s often bloody teaching and lack of real moral.
But these are some of the teachings – some of the fundaments. And it is worth repeating here that science has proved that the Bible is not falsified – a few mistakes, but no falsifications. This in spite of the Quran’s and Islam’s never documented claims of much falsification. Islam will have to show proofs for the claims if they wants to be believed – proofs they have been unable to find in 1400 years. (We also remeing you that the only other alternative is that something is seriously wrong with the Quran and hence with Islam).Only Islam says it is the same god - and they are wrong, unless the god is mentally ill. Similar claims in 2/139 -3/64 – 42/13.
00d 112/3: “He (Allah*) begetteth not - - -.” Well, if Allah should happen to be the same god as Yahweh all the same, Jesus many times called him “father” and many times said he was the son of Yahweh – and lots/most of those times it is clear it was meant in the real meaning. In the NT it is said at least 163 times that Yahweh was father of Jesus, and at least 66 times that Jesus was the son of Yahweh. It is said nothing about how the relationship started. If true, there are 3 possibilities:
Similar claim in 6/101.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.