PART II, CHAPTER 1, Subchapter 2, Section 2 (= II-1-2-2)
MEGA MISTAKE 1, PART 2, IN THE QURAN
(PART II, CHAPTERS 1 - 10 included subchapters = MEGA MISTAKES, MISTAKES, ERRORS, CONTRADICTIONS, INVALID LOGIC, ABROGATIONS, ETC. IN THE QURAN - THE HOLY BOOK OF MUHAMMAD, MUSLIMS, ISLAM, AND ALLAH. AT LEAST 100% PROOF FOR THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG - NO OMNISCIENT GOD MAKES MISTAKES)
- Part II = Mistakes in the Quran.
- Chapter 1 = Mistaken facts in the Quran.
- Subchapter 2 = The 5 Mega Mistakes, some details. (The summary is in Section 4).
- Section 2 = Some mistaken details/samples about the Universe.
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
There are these Sections to this subchapter - the 5 Mega Mistakes - (there should be more sections, as the Quran has many more kinds of mistakes and errors, but these samples should be enough to show what it is about):
- Section 1: Some samples of mistaken facts about Earth (this section).
- Section 2: Some samples of mistaken facts about the universe.
- Section 3: Some samples of mistaken facts about man and animals - creation, life, and resurrection.
- Section 4: The 5 Mega Mistakes that should kill Islam - if intelligence counted.
(To find "all" the mistaken facts that lead up to Mega Mistake 1, read the Subchapter 3, the 16 Sections about mistaken facts in the Quran, arranged by themes. And to find "all" the mistakes leading up to this Maga Mistake, read the complete Part II with all its Chapters, Subchapters, and Sections (except II-8-1, II-8-2, and II-9 which leads up to Mega Mistake 2.)
- The Quran tells that the night hides the sun (91/4). But it is the Earth that conceals the sun and MAKES the night, according to science and to primary school geography. Any even baby god had known this, but Muhammad not. Besides: The night just is lack of sunshine. Lack of something cannot hide anything – and least of all lack of sunshine cannot hide the sunshine. Wrong. Who made the Quran?
- As for the moon it gives strong cold (“excessive cold” to quote Abdullah Yusuf Ali) (76/13). It may feel like that in the cold, moonlit desert nights. But science has found that the moon radiates neither cold nor heath that is possible to feel on Earth. The cold is caused by Earth radiating its warmth to space when there are no couds that can hinder that radiation. Any god had known.
- Over it all there is the heaven or sky or firmament like a canopy or ceiling (40/64 and more ones). But science has found that up there is no canopy - only vacuum. What looks like a blue sky during day, simply is an illusion made by splitting and bending of sunlight. During night one gets another, but similarly looking kind of illusion because we are unable to see in 3 dimensions at those distances. Neither illusions nor vacuum makes real ceilings or canopies of any kind. Actually vacuum is a bad and weak roof/canopy. Any good would know – Muhammad not.
- There is no fault in the canopy/ceiling that seems to make up the heaven/sky (50/6 – 67/3). But how can vacuum have visible faults?
- The sky/heavens all the same is not stronger than pieces can fall down (17/92 – 34/9). But how can bits of vacuum fall down? (And NB: The book does not talk about meteorites – it knows the difference).
- The haven really is made up of 7 heavens or firmaments or tracts (other names for the sky/heaven up there – “firmament” is mostly used for the night sky) - “one above the other” (2/29 – 17/44 – 23/17 - 23/86 – 41/12 – 35/12 - 67/3 – 71/15 – 78/12). This is the same belief as in the very wrong astronomy of the old Greece and Persia, which was what one believed in at the time of Muhammad in Arabia – a fact no Muslim ever mentions (because how can a Muslim hint that an omniscient god believed in old and wrong Earthly science? - impossible even if it is true that the creator of the Quran believed in this). But there only is vacuum and shooting stars and nothing else up there – not in reasonable neighborhood of the Earth - according to science. Once more: Any god had known – Muhammad not. Then who made the Quran?
- The heavens are kept up there by invisible pillars (“without any pillars that ye can see” according to Yusuf Ali) (13/2 – 31/10). But no human and no animal has bumped into such a pillar and no bird or plane has ever collided with one. (Some Muslims say that invisible – which is what the Quran says – means non-existing. But there is a great difference between those two meanings, and the Quran says "invisible". It also is meaningless to say that something is kept up there by non-existing pillars).
- The stars are fastened to the lowest heaven (37/6 – 41/12). According to the old Greek and Persian astronomy, the stars, the planets, and the sun and the moon were fastened to 7 invisible heavens. (The stars to one, the moon and the sun to one each, and the then known planets - Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn - also to one each. 7 different movements needed 7 invisible - like glas or crystal - heavens, and the heavens had to be material and strong to keep themselves and the stars etc. up there.) According to the Quran, the stars are kept in their places in this way on the lowest of the 7 heavens - but Muslims never mention that this was what one (wrongly) believed in Arabia at the time of Muhammad. Had Allah no better knowledge than old Greek and Persian astronomy? – and why not astronomy from f. ex. South American or from other places if he is a universal god?
- The "fact" that the stars were fastened to a heaven means that the heavens are material ones – if not the stars could not be fastened to one of them (37/6 – 41/12). But no rocket has ever collided against one.
- The sun and the moon are between the heavens (well, for the sun it is not clearly specified). Which means that at least one of the heavens must be below the moon. This also is clear from the "fact" that the stars are fastened to the lowest heaven. And as the stars are fastened to the lowest heaven, all the trillions of stars – suns - should for one thing make the lowest heaven rather crowded, and for another make Earth rather hot.
- The moon also produces “excessive cold” (76/13). But the moon does not produce cold. It only so happen that you see the moon best on clear nights – and on clear nights the desert radiates its heat quickly to space and the temperature drops. Any god had known, but Muhammad not.
- Sirius is the mighty star (53/49). But Sirius is not a very mighty star, it only happens to be relatively near us. It is a baby compared to giants like Aldebaran, Betelgeuse or the dangerous Eta Carinae – and they again are children compared to the real super giants.
- The stars are for decoration (37/6+7 – 41/12 - 67/3 – 67/5). Everything made for that we humans on this little planet shall have some decoration?
- In addition to that the stars are used for decoration, Allah uses them as shooting stars as a “flaming fire” - weapon – to chase away bad spirits (jinns – figures from Arab fairy tales and legends originally) wanting to spy on Heaven (21/32 – 37/6+7 – 37/10 – 67/5). Science is skeptical, though, as shooting stars are measured in milligrams and grams, whereas real stars are from 12 times the size of Jupiter (the minimum size to start and to keep the atomic reaction going) and up to some million times the size of Earth – and they are very far away and at very different distances from us (from 2-3 light-years away and up to 13.7 billion light-years or perhaps more), not fixed to a sphere below our moon.
- The heavens contain the Paradise. Paradise is not the same for everyone – it depends on what the believer deserves. The 7 heavens make 7 levels of Heaven. The Quran is not very specific here, but the Hadiths give details – f. ex. Hadith no.3887 from Al-Bukhari.
- First heaven. Here Adam sits and sends the saved ones – mainly the good Muslims – to his right side to go to their Paradise, and the lost ones to his left side to go to Hell (In the old Arabia, the right side was the good side, and the left the bad side – Allah followed this old Arab custom it seems). It is not clearly specified, but it seems that also Paradise for “normal” Muslims also is situated here, and that it is split in at least 4 different gardens, one better than the other depending on how good a Muslim and how terrible a warrior you have been for Allah, for Muhammad, and for Muhammad's successors.
- Second heaven. From here and up the heavens are reserved for the Muslims that deserve something extra. The more you deserve, the higher heaven – closer to Allah – you end up in. The good Muslim prophet Jesus is found in this – the second – heaven. That he ended this low, may seem a bit surprising, as Islam reckons him to be a great prophet (and as said: A pious Muslim one – the Quran describes him rather different from what one finds in the NT in the Bible - - - a fact that Islam explains with that the Bible at least partly is falsified - - - and as normal for Islam without any documentation for the claims, and contradicting what science clearly has found). The reason may be that he was a competitor to Muhammad in this life, and therefore Jesus had to be reduced a little, as it was essential to stress that Muhammad was a much greater prophet. In this heaven you also find John the Baptist (he is not a prophet in the Bible) – it shows the level Jesus belongs to, compared to Muhammad. (The names below are from Muhammad Ibn Ishaq: “The life of Muhammad”).
- Third heaven. Here one finds among others the good Muslim prophet Joseph – the one who was sold as a slave to Egypt. (he is not a prophet in the Bible)
- Fourht heaven. The (Jewish) prophet Idris (here his Arab name is used).
- Fifth heaven. The prophet Aaron (brother of Moses - Aaron is not a prophet in the Bible).
- Sixth heaven. The prophet Moses.
- Seventh heaven. This is where Abraham – the central prophet (Muslim of course) in Islam after Muhammad – lives (also Abraham is not a Prophet in the Bible; he is one of the three patriarchs of Israel, but not a prophet - he f. ex. made not one single prophesy that is known). Also Muhammad is presumed to end in the 7. heaven – close to Allah who has his residence over the 7. heaven.
- This is how Muhammad is said to have experienced the heavens during his claimed night trip there – a trip Islam is unsure of was a real travel or a dream.(Aishah says in Hadiths that he never left her bed that night.)
- When the Day of Doom once comes, the moon will be buried in darkness (75/8) or the moon and the sun will come together (75/9). In that case man has plenty of time – there is a possibility for that some of this will happen according to science. But that in case is some 5 billion years into the future. At that time our sun will have become a so-called red giant, that may be and may be not will become big enough to engulf the Earth and hence the moon. But in that case the moon will not be engulfed in darkness, but in 3000 degrees (centigrade) of shining red and hellish flames. And the Earth and the presumed 7 heavens above Earth will be in the same situation.
- That day also the stars will fall down on Earth and stop shining (81/2). Earth will be pretty crowded in case, as the stars are many and huge – and only an omnipotent god can stop the atomic processes that make the stars shine, and thus make them stop shining some million years later. Any god had known – Muhammad not. Who made the Quran?
- And Allah also rolls up the heavens/sky that day that day (21/104). If this includes the physical universe, it is a big job, as it at least has a radius of 13.7 billion light-years = 27.4 billion light-years diameter in all directions. And besides: What is really the form of the universe? – if it is globular it is difficult to roll up a globe-shaped something.
- Not to forget: The sun will be folded up and stop shining – Muhammad seems to believe the sun is a flat disk that can be folded up.
- This is what the Quran tells – a book that is presumed or at least claimed to be an exact copy of the Mother Book in Heaven. A book much revered by Allah and the angles and full of wisdom. (13/39). Does that mean that if science differs from what the Quran says, it means that science is wrong? Or - - -? (But honestly – how can a book with that many mistakes, twisted arguments and invalid logic be a revered book in the heaven/home of an omniscient god?)
Muslims and others will be quick to defend the Quran by saying that there are mistakes in the Bible, too, concerning the creation. But:
Mistakes in the Bible or the Torah do not make the Quran one iota more correct.
The Bible was written by humans. Humans can make mistakes, and it really does not matter very much for the religion, as long as the religious parts are correct. (There are some mistaken facts also in the Bible – mainly concerning creation, etc. – but far fewer than in the Quran). But the Quran is presumed to be made by Allah – or existed since eternity – and an omniscient god simply does not make mistakes, not to mention revere a "Mother Book" full of mistaken facts and other mistakes in his own home. Therefore mistakes in the Quran are very serious for Islam – such mistakes prove 100% and more that something is seriously wrong with the very basis of the religion. Neither Muslims nor Islam, therefore, can afford admit that the mistakes exist - not one single one and no matter how obvious they are. It is better to stubbornly believe blindly, than to find out in time that may be they are wrong – when/if they wake up in a next life and find out that they have been brain-washed by a made up religion, it is too late. Very thought provoking, especially as Islam is the only of the big religions who themselves prove beyond any doubt – not any reasonable doubt, but any doubt - for any really thinking, educated person that something is very wrong with their prophet and their religion.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.