Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
One thing is sure: An omniscient god does not make mistakes. Another thing that is sure, is that an omniscien god does not contradict himself or make other contradictions. Yet another thing that is sure is that an omniscient god does not have to try and fail - he knows from the very beginning what is best. The same goes for changing his mind now and then - an omniscient god knows from the very start what he wants and likes and best solutions and what rules and laws will work best.
ot to mention that a good and benevolent god does not condemn people to Hell already before they are born and without a chance to save themselves, like the Quran tells. Neither does he preach injustice like stealing/robbing, suppressing, rape, killing etc. of somebody's fellow humans. Also any good and benevolent god has a moral codex roughly like this: "Do against others like you want others to do against you".
All the same the Quran is unbelievably full of mistaken facts and other mistakes - see seperate chapters. This is a direct contradiction to what Muhammad, the Quran, Muslims, and Islam claim (as usual without any documentation). Even worse: This mistaken claim of perfection they try to use as a proof for that the book is made by a god. What then does all the mistakes in reality prove? Of course that the Quran is not made by a god - which is the reason why Muslims and Islam cannot accept one singel mistake in the book, no matter how "far out" many of their "explanarions" are; if there is even one mistake, something is wrong with the religion. (And all the same: Muslim scholars admit that a few of the verses must be wrong - see separate chapter).
An extra tit-bit is that many of the mistakes and some of the other ideas, are in accordance with wrong science one believed in in the area at the time of Muhammad. No omniscient and ethernal god has to follow wrong science from a primitive time and a primitive people on a small part of Earth - a small planet in an obscure corner of a medium galaxy drifting somewhere in the Universe among some billions of others. Something is definitely wrong also here.
Also the Quran is full of contradictions - see separate chapters. There are some hundreds of internal contradictions - the Quran contradicting itself. There are LOTS of contradictions to reality and facts. And there are lots of contradictions to the Bible. One may poh-poh differences compared to the Bible, as that one represents other religions, but it is more serious than many think. This because the Quran and Islam tell that rib biblical prophets jusl were fottunners for Muhammad, and no god would tell his long successions of prophets different stories about the same things and facts. This is obvious from the Bible - read the different prophets, and you will find clear lines. And then there suddenly is Muhammad - sticking out like a tooth-ace in a sore thumb, because of all the broken lines and differences and mistakes compared to the older prophets' messages. And remember: According to Muslims the claimed lack of contradictions is a proof for that the Quran comes from the omniscient god Allah. The fact that there all the same are many contradictions, concequently proves that the book does not come from such a god.
Also an omniscient god has so much knowledge that he does not have to change his mind every now and then when he gets more information or new impulses - not to mention that he is so full of knowledge, that he does not have to try and fail and learn what is best that way. Another 100% for that something is wrong with Muhammad, the Quran, and not least with Islam.
Further the undocumented claims that Allah is good and benevolent, very clearly are wrong - just read about sharia - Islamic law - and its excesses, about jihad and its many inhuman and immoral rules, about suppression of all non-Muslim, about stealing and robbing and raping being "good and lawful" and that you should not practice "coitus interuptus" when you rape prisoners, because it is for Allah to decide if there is to be a child afterwards (do you protest? - read the Quran and you will find this there), not to mention all the apartheid, hatemongering, and warmongering. And the making of people (and jinns) for Hell, not to mention the lack of real moral, comes on top of this. The Quran is not from any good and benevolent god. As for moral, the only moral codex Muslims and Islam and the Quran have, is: "What did Muhammad say or do in or about such cases" - and Muhammad was an overall very immoral man with an at many points sick moral.
EACH OF THESE POINTS PROVE 100% THAT SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG - AND PUT TOGETHER 110% PROOF MUST BE QUITE AN UNDERSTATEMENT.
And then we have not even mentioned the 4 or 5 Mega Mistakes (5 if you do not count the contradictions together with all the other mistakes, 4 if you do). See separate chapter.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages on Internet which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it can make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.