Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
001 2/106: “None of Our (Allah’s*) revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar - - -“. “Substitute” in this connection means exactly the same as “abrogate”, but “abrogate” is a loaded word among some Muslims, as it “talks” about a god that is claimed to be omniscient and all the same he has to try and fail or he is unable quite to make up his mind about what he rally wants. Actually “substitute” tells exactly the same, but for some reason that word is not so “loaded”. Many Muslims denies that abrogations exists and try to explain away contradictions in the Quran in other ways, but abrogation is an integrated and adsolutely necessary part of Islam, both in the religion and in f. ex. the judicial system. Also see 16/101 below.
002 3/7: “He (Allah*) it is Who has sent down to thee (Muhammad/Muslims*) the Book (the Quran*), in it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); that are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and seeking for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah.” It is very clear here that the plain and obvious meaning in the texts mainly is the correct understanding. When you remember that Muhammad’s congregation mainly was uneducated and often naïve people, it is even easier to understand that this had to be the case.
Then is the question about allegories. There are some scattered verses said to be allegories or similar, and which are explained the meanings of. As the meanings are explained, these must be understood as included in “verses basic or fundamental”.
There are no clear allegories, where the meaning is not obvious or explained. There are a number of verses where the meaning is difficult or impossible to see. But woollen speech does not mean an allegory – an allegory is a story that means something else. Woollen speech only is woollen or unclear speech - - - for “those in whose hearts is perversity”?
But in any text – even in Donald Duck – it is possible to find – or make up - hidden meanings. But this is strongly adviced against in this verse (3/7): Only Allah is qualified to do that:”- - - no one knows its hidden meaning except Allah”. And who is better to know just that than Allah? – the maker of the book (?) - and the one revering the presumed Mother Book in Allah's home, a book which the Quran is claimed to be a copy of(without proofs as normal for Islam)? But all the same a standard explanation used by Islam to “explain” any mistake or contradiction that is difficult to explain, is that it must not be understood literally but allegorically. As soon as f. ex. science shows that something in the Quran is wrong, that text switches from being “basic and fundamental – of established meaning”, to becoming an allegory. This in spite of Allah and in spite of the Quran. It is one of the three most frequently used last ditch ways Islam and Muslims use to try to “explain” away things that cannot be explained. (The other ones are: “You cannot take the meaning from just one point or a few verse – you have to judge from the whole connection (or the whole Quran)", and: "You are just a Muslim hater or Israel lover and what facts you tell consequently are invalid and of no interest"). This in spite of that they themselves happily and with glee quotes and often even twists words far out of context to favour Islam (f. ex. “There is (wrongly quoted) no compulsion in religion”) or to discredit any other religion). But 3/7 proves that to make up hidden meanings behind the words – f. ex. changing its meaning to be allegorical where an allegory is not indicated – is wrong and strongly against Allah’s wish and order – it is the work of “those in whose hearts is perversity”.
Also see 44/58 and 54/17below.
003 4/82: “Had it (the Quran*) been from other than Allah, they would have found therein much discrepancy.” Some 1700+ mistaken facts – may be some 3ooo mistakes all together - hundreds of contradictions, hundreds of cases of invalid logic, hundreds of cases of unclear language, lots of cases of invalid or even plainly wrong “signs” and “proofs” – it hardly is possible on this wide Earth to find a book containing a greater number of wrongs and wrong points - - - discerpancies. This in itself proves 100% that something is seriously wrong with the Quran and hence with Muhammad and with Islam. And combined with this verse it makes it an indisputable fact – at least 110% true: Something is wrong.
004 5/101: “Oh ye who believe! Do not ask questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble (in your belief in Muhammad/the Quran*)”. A Muslim had better not get knowledge that may tell him that Islam may be wrong – blind belief in a book full of mistakes, contradictions, etc. is better than to find out what is true; if there is a risk for that the truth is “wrong” compared to the Quran.
005 13/38: “For each periode is a Book (revealed)”. Because times are changing, Islam claims that Allah has sent down new books now and then – to Abraham (a nomad some 1900 years BC hardly knew how to read and write), to Moses, to the later Jews, and to Jesus (except that NT only came years after Jesus died) – and finally the Quran. Only some questions:
006 16/101: “When We (Allah*) substitute one revelation for another - - -.” As “substitute” and “abrogation” in this connection means exactly the same – to replace one or more old verses with new ones and make the old ones invalid – this is one of the 100% proofs for that substitution/abrogation is part of the Quran - - - in spite of what some Muslims claim and dearly like to believe (that abrogations do not exist), because abrogations prove that Allah is not infallible and has to try and fail – and/or he is not very strong-minded and changes his mind now and then. Another similar proof is 2/106 – see that one above.
007 44/58: “Verily, We (Allah*) have made this (Quran) easy, in thy (Muhammad’s) tongue in order that they (people*) may give heed.” Also see 3/7 above and 54/17 below. There is no doubt that Muhammad/Allah meant the Quran to be understood literally. To search for hidden meanings of a not clearly indicated allegorie is wrong. All the same Muslims and Islam use claims in east and west as a last resort to be able to “explain” that which is not explainable if one reads the Quran literally and in the way Allah clearly states that it is to be read and understood – except for by those “in whose hearts is perversity” (3/7).
008 54/17: “And We (Allah*) have indeed made the Quran easy to understand - - -.” Anyone wanting to try to “explain” away difficult points like mistakes or invalid logic or contradictions by calling them allegories etc. should read this sentence. It even is written 4 times and thus a solidly cemented and nailed truth: The Quran is to be understood literally and search for hidden meanings is only for Allah, and such search only is for the ones “in whose hearts is perversity - - -." Explainings away that need claims about allegories, clearly is wrong - the Quran is to be understood literally id nothing else is said. (3/7). Also see 3/7 and 44/58 above.
009 54/20: Similar to 54/17.
010 54/32: Similar to 54/17.
011 54/40: Similar to 54/17.
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.