(There are more at the end of the book).
Comments in this book numbered by 3 numbers (included 00 or 0) a few places followed by one small letter = clear cases. Comments numbered by 00 or 0 followed by 1, 2 or 3 letters (big or small) = likely cases.
The old Arabs had lots of deities. Some 360 were represented in the Kabah in Mecca. Of these 4 were dominant in the region around Mecca and in large parts of Arabia: al-Lah, and his three daughters al-Lat, al-Uzza and (al-) Manat. The top god was al-Lah (the name means “the god“- not “God“, but “the god“).
Muhammad changed the name of this old polytheistic main god slightly from al-Lah to Allah, told that all the other gods (but not Allah) were just fantasy and made up, and that Allah and the Jewish/Christian god Yahweh was the same god - a statement that only Islam states, but most Jews and Christians oppose, and with a good reason; as there are too many fundamental differences; it can not possibly be the same god behind Islam and the two other religion, and especially not the one based on the New Testament (NT) – not unless the god has a severely split personality; schizophrenia. (“Do not kill” vs. “Do not kill without a good reason”, the search for and the value of the “lost lamb” vs. “Do not mourn the wrongdoers”, to mention just two.)
Allah is also a much harder god towards non-believers than Yahweh - at least as you meet Yahweh in the New Testament (NT) and the new covenant versus Allah in the late parts of Muhammad’s teachings in the surahs from Medina. In the Old Testament (OT) it is told about wars 2000-4000 years ago. NT hardly accepts war. The Quran, and especially the surahs from Medina, not only incites to hate and war against non-believers, but also makes such wars a duty - before, now and in all the future, until Islam is dominant and all others are suppressed, second class citizens with few rights, and paying extra tax. Nice texts for terrorists. The difference is that the Christian religion sometimes have been disused for political or military purposes in spite of the religion and the NT, whereas Islam has been used - and disused - in accordance with the religion, and especially in accordance with the last some 22 surahs from Medina (the ones really valid according to Islam’s and Muhammad’s and the Quran’s rules for abrogation (when two or more verses disagree, the youngest one normally is the correct one and the oldest one/ones is/are invalid - the ones from Medina are the youngest ones, and the ones preaching hate and rape, suppression and blood).
No, it is not the same god behind these religions - not unless Allah is at least schizophrenic.
Well, as we did not find the answers, we list the mistakes we have found, and ask any and all Muslims and non-Muslims for explanations. Please tell us where we are wrong, so we can understand why Islam is a real and true and benevolent religion. But please let it be real explanations, not fast words just to hide a mistake - we mostly will see through fast talk anyhow.
If we have made any mistakes, please tell us and they will be corrected (but on the other hand; if there are mistakes we have overlooked, we will appreciate information about that, too - but again; it has to be real mistakes, not speculations).
AND FINALLY: Allah never - NEVER - proved his existence or any connection to Muhammad. There only were words. The cheater and betrayer (f. ex. Khaybar and its peace talk delegation)
NB: If you find any mistakes anywhere, please inform us. If it is a real mistake, it will be corrected.
NB, NB, NB:
1. Read first the 2 small chapters "Some Essentials for how the Quran is to be read and understood" (VII-10-1) and "The Quran is to be understood literally if nothing else is indicated" (VII-10-2).
2. http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked by many Muslim authorities. To debate with persons in such areas, cut and paste what you want from the pages and send it under titles different from http://www.1000mistakes.com.
3. http://www.1000mistakes.com is one of 9 pages which Muslim organisetions warned especially against in 2008 and 2009 - it could make especially procelytes lose their belief in Islam; correct and "down-to-the-earth" information works. In this connection it is worth noting that in the "warning" http://www.1000mistakes.com was one of 3 which neither was accused of bringing wrong facts, nor of being a hate page.
4. Comment 141 (to verse 6/149) in “The Message of the Quran” (see point 5) explains (translated from Swedish) about Allah's claimed omniscience vs. man's claimed free will:
“With other words: The real connection between Allah’s knowledge about the future (and consequently about the unavoidable in what is to happen in the future*) on one side and man’s relatively (!!*) free will on the other – two statements that seems to contradict each other – lies outside what is possible for humans to understand, but as both statement are made from Allah (in the Quran*) both must be true”. Unbelievable. Blind belief is the only correct and intelligent way of life, even in the face of the utterly impossible!!
5. And an afterthought: In the book “The Message of the Quran”, certified by Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Islamic Research Academy in Cairo (one of the 2-3 top universities in the Muslim world on such subjects) in a letter dated 27. Dec. 1998, it is admitted rather reluctantly that there are no proofs for Allah, and that it is not possible to prove him. An additonal point here is that if there is no proof for Allah and impossible to prove him, automatically there also is no proof for, and impossible to prove Muhammad's claimed connection to a god. And if there is no Allah and/or no connection between Muhammad and a god, what then is Islam?
6. Further: All the mistakes, contradictions, etc. in that book prove 100% that the Quran is not made by an omniscient god - no god makes such and so many mistakes, etc. If then Islam is a made up religion, what then about all the Muslims who have been prohibitted from looking for a real religion (if such one exists)? And where will they in case wake up after living and practising such an inhuman war religion like Islam is according to the Quran (and to Hadiths), if there is a second life somewhere? - Hell or Paradise?
7. NB and PS: No matter how sure you are about something, if it is not proved, it is not knowledge, only belief or strong belief, and can be wrong. Only what is proved or possible to prove is knowledge.
(As http://www.1000mistakes.com is blocked in many Muslim areas - which shows they are afraid of it and lack arguments (if they had real arguments for http://www.1000mistakes.com is wrong, blocking was unneccessary) - "cut and paste" whatever you want from it and send if you want to inform or to debate there. Remember to omit the name http://www.1000mistakes.com).
PS: If we are blocked centrally - f. ex. by spam (there is too much at times already from unfriendly sources) we will reopen with new address somewhere else, and announce the new address om f. ex. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam. Also if your comments to us do not reach us, any comments posted on the thread "What is it with http://www.1000mistakes.com ?" (or make a page containing "1000 mistakes" in the title yourself if you want) on that forum will be read by us - it is a big international debate page.